HITLER'S SECRET LABYRINTHS EXPLORED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN DECADES
Late in World War II, while Germany sustained relentless bombing by the Allies, the Nazis undertook a bold gambit to turn the war back in their favor. Building an extensive tunnel system deep underground to house armament factories, Nazi leaders raced against time to produce the deadly new weapons they hoped would bring Germany final victory.
Long forgotten after the victorious American Army sealed them off from intruders, the sprawling underground labyrinths are reopened for the first time in decades by a team of highly qualified experts. They reconstruct the horrific conditions faced by forced laborers, who died in the tens of thousands building them.
With previously unreleased film material and exclusive interviews, the story of the Underground Reich provides a glimpse into awesome worlds beneath the earth that still exist in Germany, France, Poland and Norway.
• Hundreds of millions of reichmarks were spent digging the underground labyrinths.
• 80% of all German industry was to be relocated underground, along with entire cities.
• Hundreds of thousands of slave laborers toiled underground until the last days of the war.
• Thousands of missles were to be produced, capable of carrying biological warheads to targets such as London. Nazi scientists were close to producing large quantities of Sarin nerve gas, capable of wiping out urban populations on a mass scale.
• Priceless works of art were recovered from underground chambers after the war; some items are still missing and may be hidden there to this day.