"Relentlessly entertaining!" - New York Magazine
"Highly enjoyable. . . . Ample doses of cautionary advice to aspiring screenwriters and many relatable moments for professionals. . . . Director Peter Hanson has assembled a frank, articulate, often crisply funny group of scribes." - Gary Goldstein, Los Angeles Times
"In Peter Hanson's dishy documentary, 46 screenwriters gab agreeably about the tribulations of their profession. . . . Matching faces to scripts is wicked fun."
- Jeannette Catsoulis, New York Times
"Compulsory viewing for any aspiring screenwriters."
- Leal Lowenstein, Variety & KPCC-FM (Los Angeles National Public Radio)
"Full of wry one-liners, well-spun anecdotes, and pithy observations on the movie-making industry." - Ernest Hardy, The Village Voice
"A lively collection of war stories from a host of screenwriters with experience in the trenches." - Todd McCarthy, Variety
"The best film about writing I've ever seen." - Chris Gore, Film Threat
"Honest insight from writers who have seen their scripts dragged through the soul-shattering development gauntlet." - Dave Davis, JoBlo.com
"An instant classic." - James van Maanen, Trust Movies
Tales from the Script: 50 Hollywood Screenwriters Share Their Stories ed. Peter Hanson & Paul Robert Herman
Adventures in the Screen Trade by William Goldman
Which Lie Did I Tell?: More Adventures in the Screen Trade by William Goldman
Save The Cat! The Last Book on Screenwriting You'll Ever Need by Blake Snyder
The Screenwriter's Bible: A Complete Guide to Writing, Formatting, and Selling Your Script by David Trottier
See details about this film's theatrical
- Bonus Film: More Tales from the Script: Fascinating unheard stories from top screenwriters (45 min)
- Bonus Film: The Gospel According to Bill: The wit and wisdom of author/screenwriter William Goldman
- Bonus Film: Advice for New Screenwriters: Priceless tips and inspiration for beginners (9 min)
- & More!
Release Year : 2009
Running Time: 105 minutes